Re: Followup on solved bug reports.

From: erik . sandberg . 9195
Subject: Re: Followup on solved bug reports.
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:51:48 +0100

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 13.39, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> Han-Wen,
>
> Another of all these quick bug fixes! Thanks for your hard work!
>
> It would be great if you (and others who fix bugs in CVS) could also
> send a reply to the original bug report that the problem has been fixed.
> I seem to recall that you sent the same request to me and others some
> years ago and that you also followed it yourself. I'm not sure if it's
> time limitations or that you expect Erik to handle the official

It's because of me, I guess. The idea is that I verify the bugfixes
independently of Han-Wen before announcing them. This can sometimes cause
delays.

> This information is useful both for the user who wrote the bug report,
> for people who search for information on the mailing list archives and
> just see a large number of unanswered bug reports and for me and others
> who try to provide relevant answers on the lists and documentation
> updates, for example.

I think the difference also is, that we now use the database rather than the
mailing list when looking at bugs. During the previous big bugfix round, I
reported the fixes as new message threads instead of replying, just for my
own convenience. If you like, I can stop this behaviour and reply to the
reports instead.

Erik