Re: ec-fonts-mftraced

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: ec-fonts-mftraced
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:40:00 +0100

To answer your direct question; potrace is supposed to be much
faster than autotrace, but it's probably still faster to use
the solution proposed below.

  /Mats

Matthias Kilian wrote:
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 07:44:31PM -0500, David Jedlinsky wrote:

ec-fonts-mftraced takes *forever* to run.  Is this normal?  Or should
I have installed potrace, because it's better than autotrace in some
way?

You could do it the way Matt did it: fetch the .deb package, extract
this and put ec-mftrace.map to the appropriate place
(texmf/fonts/map/ec-fonts-mftraced).

For your other problems, I really recommend to upgrade to a recent
OS version and use my or Matt's ports, if you don't have too much
private ports/nonstandard software on your system. 3.7-beta runs
fine for me, but backporting our ports to 3.6 shouldn't be too
difficult. I just won't do this because I don't have any 3.6 installed
here (and my server will be upgraded soon).

Ciao,
        Kili

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing