Re: bug or doc: Completion_heads_engraver doesn't do rests

From: Michael Iber
Subject: Re: bug or doc: Completion_heads_engraver doesn't do rests
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:26:44 +0200

Hi,
I think the issue is a bit more complicated than just having a Completion_duration_engraver as an equivalent to the Completion_heads_engraver:
if e.g. you input the note values
1/16 1/16 1/16 1/2 (equals lilypond note values 16 16 16 2)
according to common musical notation practise one would expect to get:
1/16 1/16 1/16 1/16 1/4..(=16 16 16 16 4..)
which the Completion_heads_engraver currently doesn't do.
So I think there is still much to consider regarding the sophisticated way our Western notation system works.
Cheers,
Michael