feta dynamics on Fink?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: feta dynamics on Fink?
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 18:00:47 +0200

Hi there,

i've delved slightly deeper into the problem with dynamics not showing up on fink. The problem apparently has to do with Pango not taking into account the settings of FontConfig. I'm not sure what causes this. I did notice somethign fishy: libfontconfig is not available as a dynamic library. Maybe that could be a reason? In any event, there is some fiddling with the font configuration going on, since Pango can find Apple fonts from /Library

find attached a small test program to test FontConfig/Pango. If the
path in the .c is correct, I get something like

font descr string 'feta-alphabet20 0' fname 'feta-alphabet20_0'type name PangoFT2Font
Pattern 23 of 32
        autohint: FcFalse(s)
        charset: set(s)
        dpi: 1200(f)(s)
        family: "feta-alphabet20"(s)
        file: "/home/hanwen/src/lilypond/mf/out//feta-alphabet20.pfa"(s)
        fontversion: 0(i)(s)
        foundry: "unknown"(s)

any ideas?