Re: 2.6 release. (Was: new manual chapter)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 2.6 release. (Was: new manual chapter)
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 19:02:28 -0700

On 3-May-05, at 5:59 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Graham Percival wrote:
Pressing:  as of 2.5.20 (last version in fink),
- lilypond-book: \usepackage{graphics} is not automatically added when creating
the .tex file.

Is that pressing? (I'm not sure whether to inlcude graphics, graphicx, or another package.)

Yes.  People with working lilypond-book files will want to use them in
2.6.0, and there's no reason why they should modify all their .lytex files to include \usepackage. Especially if they would delete that line later, in 2.6.4 (or
whenever we decided which package to use).  And we'd need to change
the docs to reflect the new requirement of the explicit \usepackage.

Why not use graphics for now?  It can always change later on.

- I just moved Text stuff around in the manual, but I don't know what it looks like
(committing blindly; see below).  If you're going to release 2.5.22, I

see the CVS commit list for a few tweaks that I had to do to make the docs compile.

Thanks.

Not pressing (ie old bug, but personally annoying :)
- lilypond-book: \pageBreak is ignored. I'll send another message to bug-lilypond; I was hoping it'd get fixed automagically when you changed backends, but it's still there.

I think \pageBreak is rather silly when you use lilypond-book, since the point is to let LaTeX figure out the breaking. If you need it, you can use \book, though.

Different circumstances -- I've got a four-page piece with only one rest that's near the midway point. I'd like to force a pagebreak at that rest to allow for page turning.