Docs before 2.6

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Docs before 2.6
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 03:54:30 -0700

Here's the list of  things to be done before 2.6 comes out:

- (right before 2.6) change all "2.4.0" to "2.6.0" in Documentation/user/examples.itely A simple regex will get them all and won't disrupt anything else, but we shouldn't do it
right now or else all the templates will be broken.

- preface.itely: Notes for 2.6. This should be written by Jan and Han-Wen.

- invoking.itely: 5.3 Environment variables. Do we need these any more? I guess we still have LILYPONDPREFIX and LANG, but I'm not certain if everything else
in this section is needed.

- INSTALL: this still lists TeX as a requirement for compiling. Is that still true?

There's a few things that I can improve (how to do markup in lyrics, the new and mysterious chapter 4, general cleanup, misc stuff from -user), but IMO
those aren't release-critical.

Thoughts?