RE: Settings for bagpipe music

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: RE: Settings for bagpipe music
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:14:28 +0200

> From: Mats Bengtsson [mailto:address@hidden
>
> > Yes, that is probably the way to go. What is the proper of
> specifying
> > the key signature as default in the bagpipe.ly file rather than
> > entering it in the score? I see that I could do
> >
> > \set Score.KeySignature = #'((0 . 1) (3 . 1))
>
> No, but you can do
> \set Score.keySignature = #'((0 . 2) (3 . 2))
>
> > somewhere in the music, but what is the syntax for doing that in a
> >
> > \layout { \context { \Score ... } } setting?
>
> Unfortunately it seems impossible to do a global setting, since
> the implementation explicitly sets the key signature to C major
> when starting a new score.

OK. At least I found out what the syntax would be:

\layout {
  \context { \Score
    \override KeySignature #'print-function = ##f
    extraNatural = ##f
  }
  \context { \Staff
    keySignature = #'((0 . 2) (3 . 2))
  }
}

but, as Mats said, it doesn't work. Even the extraNatural = ##f
doesn't do anything. As far as I understand, the above should be
the same as putting

\override Score.KeySignature #'print-function = ##f
\set Score.extraNatural = ##f
\set Staff.keySignature = #'((0 . 2) (3 . 2))

in the score. But, no, it isn't. Anyone know why?

--
Sven Axelsson