Re: Wish to give up my Cygwin maintainer position

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Wish to give up my Cygwin maintainer position
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:45:28 +0200

Pedro Kröger wrote:
Bertalan Fodor <address@hidden> writes:

Bertalan: I'd apreciate if you could give me a few pointers of how you
have done things, just to easy things for me.

thanks for your help. I'm building a windows-98 cygwin devel box using
qemu (easier for me so I don't have to be dual booting). I'll continue
to look into the cross-compilation stuff but I think that it'll be
easier and faster if I have a windows environment now.

Just my 2 cents: we have discovered that windows 98 (and cousins 95 and ME) is complete and utter crap. It's hard to run anything reliably, let alone use it to build things reliably. I recommend to get an XP box for this.

The nice thing about Cygwin is that you can run an SSH server. This means that you can just ssh into the box, and use the unix command line for all maintenance work.