Re: multiple header again

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: multiple header again
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 20:05:54 +0200

I hope you have followed the recent discussion
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-08/msg00056.html
which shows that it is very useful to be able to specify the full title
within the score block, at least when printallheaders = ##t

   /Mats

Ishizaki wrote:
Attached patch can somehow fix this, but it may be an ugly work around.

Perhaps, in most of cases, it might not be so much troublesome.
But since headers are copied each time, its behavior gets odd sometimes.
Also to engrave titles, headers must be written in top level or in book block,
not in score block.

Any good ideas to cope with this?

\version "2.7.5"

\header{
  title = \markup{ \huge "title" }
  opus = "opus1" % globaly defined
}

\header {
  subtitle = "subtitle" % OK
}

\book{
  \header{
    composer = "composer" % NG, ignored
  }
  \header{
instrument = "horn" % OK, the last one is valid }
  \score{
    \new Staff { c'1 \pageBreak d'1 }
    \header{
      title = "New title" % NG, ignored
      piece = "1st mov" % OK
      opus = "Op.1" % OK, override "opus1"
    }
  }

  \score{
    \new Staff \relative { c'4 c c c \pageBreak d d d d }
    \header{
      breakbefore = ##t
      piece = "2nd mov" % OK
      instrument = "clarinet" % NG, ignored