Re: lilypond.org copyright and wiki

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: lilypond.org copyright and wiki
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:15:16 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
> On 6-Sep-05, at 12:13 PM, John Mandereau wrote:
> Note that you may dual-license the "mailing list HOWTO" -- I believe
> that
> the only contributors so far have been you, me, and Fairchild; as long
> as
> we all agree, we can "release" that page under the CC-NC/SA and
> under whatever license lilypond.org pages are under.

If you really want to know who wrote a page, click its history button. I
can see now that only "musicovore" (my nickname) edited the page
(http://wikihost.org/wikis/lilypond/programm/gebo.prg?name=lists_howto&action=history
 ).
I don't mind dual-licensing this page, but the 2nd license has to be
compatible with the first one (CC-NC/SA), which is certainly not the
case of the GNU FDL, which allows a commercial usage.

Anyway, why dual-licensing the Mailing lists How To if lilypond.org
pages are not under a specific license? If they were under the FDL or a
CC license, it should be mentioned explicitly, so I conclude that
lilypond.org pages are fully copyrighted by the webmasters, aren't they?

Moreover, I prefer not to put this How To on lilypond.org because it
would be more difficult to modify it (it still needs improvement). The
fact that it will have little audience on the wiki is another problem.

> and there is still a redirection link from
> > http://lilypond.org/wiki
> > to the old wiki on afavant.elte.hu, which seems to have disappeared. Is
> > it worth updating it?
>
> Yes, absolutely.

It's possible that my request for adding a link and announce in the news
on lilypond.org is premature, because the wiki is still quite immature.
I'm going to work much on it in the coming days, with the hope that,
once announced, it will get contributions from LilyPond users, and not
only from Graham ;-)

Regards
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>