Re: lilypond.org copyright and wiki

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: lilypond.org copyright and wiki
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:13:40 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> John Mandereau wrote:
> > And what is the copyright of the lilypond.org pages? I ask this because
> > of possible (future) interactions between llypond.org and the wiki on
> > http://wikihost.org/wikis/lilypond/programm/gebo.prg?name=start
>
> I don't understand the question. What kind of interactions?

It might happen that contents from the wiki is moved to lilypond.org:
for example, Graham told me the Mailing Lists How To
(http://wikihost.org/wikis/lilypond/programm/gebo.prg?name=lists_howto)
would have a bigger audience on lilypond.org, but the wiki is under the
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license (this is
not my choice, every wiki on wikihost.org must be under this license).
Graham thought pages on lilypond.org were GPL'd; are they actually?

It could also happen that contents from lilypond.org is moved to the
wiki, but this is obviously totally unuseful, so the wiki administrator
(that's me) won't allow it.

> > In adition, what do the main developers think about supporting it, i.e.
> > adding a link from lilypond.org?
> >

> good idea! Probably in a section "Web resources" with the LSR on
> http://lilypond.org/web/documentation

Yes, and there is still a redirection link from http://lilypond.org/wiki
to the old wiki on afavant.elte.hu, which seems to have disappeared. Is
it worth updating it?

As you can see, there is now not much stuff, but in the next days/weeks,
I will add new sections, especially news coming from the mailing lists
which can't go somewhere else (documentation, LSR, lilypond.org). With
inspiration from your call for help
(http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/newsletter-editor), it may
be called "LilyPond traffic". Maybe I'd like to take the "newsletter
editor" job, but I will not have always enough time, and my English is
still not very fluent. That's why I think the wiki is a good place to do
it, and it has a big advantage: everybody can edit the pages.

Regards
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>