Re: lilypond puts a shared library in /usr/share

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: Re: lilypond puts a shared library in /usr/share
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 03:02:02 -0200

Thomas Bushnell BSG <address@hidden> writes:

> Lilypond installs a shared library in /usr/share, to wit:

[snip]

> This is very bad mojo and a violation of the GNU coding standards,
> which require that /usr/share is only for architecture independent
> files.

really? I thought that /usr/local/share was for architecture independent
files:

"The root of the directory tree for read-only architecture-independent
data files. This should normally be /usr/local/share" [1]

But I suppose that in this case

/usr/lib/python<version>/site-packages/

should be the right choice?

Pedro Kröger