Ancient template & MIDI question & bug?

From: Matevz Jekovec
Subject: Ancient template & MIDI question & bug?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:23:55 +0200

Hello to all!

I'm typesetting a few Gallus motets using the ancient.ly template for my
work. I encountered some problems:
1) The MIDI instrument is an annoying drumkit and I'm not able to find a
way to change it, no matter where I place \set Staff.midiInstrument =
... line.
2) Is there a way the incipit isn't played in .midi file?
3) Using \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment less than
1.0, results in some wierd horizontal offsets after the incipit - the
first beat notes aren't right after the measureline, but after a, say
1/4 of measure width. So there is an annoying blank space between every
measureline and first note in measure.

Using LilyPond 2.6.3.

Regards.
- Matevž