Re: extending \lilypondfile was: Re: Extracting header fields for use by

From: Michael Haynie
Subject: Re: extending \lilypondfile was: Re: Extracting header fields for use by e.g. LaTeX?
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:37:21 -0500

OK, I'm back from Alaska.  Sorry for the delay.

LaTeX macros with multiple parameters typically separate them with {}, so it would look like this:

\lilypondfile[options]{filename}{reference}

I thought we'd have lilypond-book provide the reference number, so I'm not sure what the reference would be, but I suppose that it could be provided by lilypond-book during the rewrite step. The rewrite is currently replacing the call with stuff surrounding an \input. I think I'd replace the \input with a call to yet another macro to be user defined, maybe following the \ifx pattern used by pre and post LilyPondExample. Something like:

\includeLilypondSystems{reference number}{system count}

The user would define includeLilypondSystems to e.g. discard the title, print the first system, or whatever. The main weakness that I see is that users would have to redefine the macro if they need to use several definitions in the same book. I'm not sure I know why one would want to do that, but my need to do my own titles suggests that others might need to do similarly odd things.