Re: extending \lilypondfile was: Re: Extracting header fields for use by

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: extending \lilypondfile was: Re: Extracting header fields for use by e.g. LaTeX?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:26:22 +0000

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 23:32 -0500, Michael Haynie wrote:
> Glad to hear you were only _distracted_ by the events at Hemel
> Hempstead.
>
> Thanks for the script.
>
> I've been trying to test it, but I'm stuck.  The problem may be the
> result of a change between 2.6.x and 2.7.x or bad configuration on my
> part.  The script complains about an undefined variable,
> print-score-with-defaults.  That word is mentioned in the generated
> lilyK*.ly file, but I can't find a definition, though.  Any ideas?

It looks like some scheme names have changed change between versions
2.6.x and 2.7.x. Lines 554-558 of l-m read:

        #(set! toplevel-score-handler print-score-with-defaults)
        #(set! toplevel-music-handler (lambda (p m)
                                (print-score-with-defaults
                                 p (scorify-music m p))))

I copied these straight from l-b the 2.7.x version of l-b. The 2.6.x
version has:

        #(set! toplevel-score-handler ly:parser-print-score)
        #(set! toplevel-music-handler (lambda (p m)
                                (ly:parser-print-score
                                 p (ly:music-scorify m p))))

Try replacing the lines with the old version. A word of warning if you
don't know Python: the lines are _inside_ a Python multi-line string
which is then written into a .ly file. So if you want to comment out the
2.7.x code you have to use lilypond comments _not_ Python comments. Also
be aware that to get a "%" - the lilypond comment symbol yo have to type
"%%"

good luck

        /Bernard

--