midi2ly, etc integration into lilypond app

From: Graham Percival
Subject: midi2ly, etc integration into lilypond app
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:03:48 -0800

We've recently had a bunch of people asking how to run midi2ly (and related command-line lilypond scripts). How much work would it be to integrate those into the graphical lilypond app? I see that convert-ly is already included (that's the "update syntax" option, right?)

Could this be added under the "open features" for sponsoring? I'm not personally interested at all (I only run command-line stuff), but it _would_ cut down on silly[1] traffic to -user.

[1] "silly" because IMO teaching people how to use a command line isn't the proper job of lily-user.