Re: OS X linker errors

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Re: OS X linker errors
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 16:47:31 -0600

Quoth Robert T Wyatt:
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > Don Blaheta writes:
> >> "_FT_Load_Sfnt_Table" in, but it's not finding it:>
> >
> >> ld: Undefined symbols:
> >>   _FT_Load_Sfnt_Table
> >>   make[1]: *** [out/lilypond] Error 1
> >>   make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > That's supposed to be coming grom libfreetype6
> >
> > $ nm /usr/lib/libfreetype.a | grep FT_Load_Sfnt_Table
> > 00005840 T FT_Load_Sfnt_Table
> >          U FT_Load_Sfnt_Table
>
> Are you using fink? If so, what does "fink list freetype" show?

freetype *6*?  I've got 2.1.9, and the INSTALL page says "version 2" is
required.  It's referencing the right one in the linker call:

   ... -L/sw/lib/freetype219/lib -lfreetype ...

and fink says this:

(i)  freetype2        2.1.4-11     TrueType font rendering library, (dummy)
(i)  freetype2-sh...  2.1.4-11     TrueType font rendering library, shared libs
 i   freetype219      2.1.9-1      TrueType font rendering library, headers
 i   freetype219-...  2.1.9-1      TrueType font rendering library, shared libs

I suppose I could officially uninstall the older version, but that
shouldn't be the problem if version 2 is the only requirement anyway.

...hang on, if I nm the .a file, I do get

000059fc T _FT_Load_Sfnt_Table

My linker-fu is not strong, so I'm not sure exactly what T and U stand
for, but it does look like the symbol is there, at least.

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
"This is such a wonderful conversation, and very important."