Re: midi output bug?

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: midi output bug?
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 03:11:51 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, c.m.bryan wrote:

> The strangest part is that I've had success with this procedure
> before, so something has changed, maybe in a lilypond upgrade?  Any
> help would be appreciated!

Me again. Something jumped into my eye: the number 0x3e8. It is exactly
1000 in decimal.

Could it be that you have something as strange as

\time 4/1000

in your .ly file?

Ciao,
Dscho

P.S.: I fixed the two instances of the time signature in your midi file,
and since it is so small attached it.

P.P.S.: The culprit seems to be the int2hex method of String_convert,
which converts a large number to more digits than length_i (and in this
case even worse: to an odd number of digits).

P.P.P.S.: I don't see how Midi_time_signature::to_string() could print
the literal "3e8" if den == 1000, since it calls intlog2, which would try
to divide as often as possible by 2, and return the number of divisions
(i.e. if den == 1000 it would return 3, since 1000/2/2/2 = 125).