Re: circling marks

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: circling marks
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 01:31:21 -0700

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:

On 6-Feb-06, at 1:04 AM, Erlend Aasland wrote:

You can use this patch (touching scm/translation-functions.scm) in order to get format-mark-circle functions.

Perhaps this patch should be applied in order to make it easier to use this kind of rehearsal marks?

I personally prefer boxed marks instead of circled ones, but I've seen circled ones quite a bit. Han-Wen, can we commit this?

yes.

Can I use this to build something that works on \mark "37" just as is does on \mark \default ? IOW can I create a function so I can cause all \mark "<number>" to be boxed or circled just by doing one \set or \override at the beginning of a block as can be done for \default ?

What about another \default that causes the current bar number to be used as the \mark?

Thanks,

Paul