Re: A quest through the docs

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Re: A quest through the docs
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:39:28 -0600

Quoth Graham Percival:
> On 24-Feb-06, at 8:49 PM, Don Blaheta wrote:
> > * 10.5.7 should have an example layout block like the following:
> >   \layout {
> >     indent = #0
> >     line-width = #150
> >     raggedlast = ##t
> >   }
> >   and explain that it removes the first line's indent, sets the width
> >   150 times the width of a staff space (right?), and turns on
> > raggedlast
> >   mode.
>
> I'll include an example, but I think that by this point in the manual,
> it's pretty obvious what things do.

The problem with arguing "by this point in the manual" is that the
manual is not always read sequentially, and people may or may not have
read the appropriate other bits recently.  Another problem is that while
it may be obvious when you read something what it does, reconstructing
the fragment is not always as obvious. :P

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
Documentation is the castor oil of programming.  Managers know it must