Page and line penalties

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Page and line penalties
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:15:13 +1100

As far as I can tell, page and line penalties are used _only_ for forbidding
and forcing page breaks. Is there much chance they will ever be used for
anything else? If not, they could be replaced by booleans - this would make
the breaking algorithms a bit easier.

Also, there seems to be some confusion as to where the line break penalties
are used. Paper_column_engraver interprets the penalty as a boolean anyway
(when it is over 10000).

Of course, page turn penalties would need to be introduced because we (will)
make a distinction between allowable and desirable page turns.

Joe