Re: Improvements to Postscript backend (patches included)

From: David Feuer
Subject: Re: Improvements to Postscript backend (patches included)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:52:27 -0500

In pango-font.cc, what are ggeo.width and ggeo.x_offset?
glyph-string, in output-ps.scm, adds the two together to figure out
where to place the next glyph.  Is ggeo.width the same as the width
PostScript would use to place the next glyph?  If so, it would be much
cleaner not to add it in, and not have to move back over it.  In
detail:

Current situation:

place glyph -> move to the left by what I'm guessing might be
ggeo.width -> move to the right by ggeo.width + ggeo.x_offset -> place
another glyph.

If ggeo.width is the width PostScript uses for glyphshow, we can change it to:

place glyph -> move to the right by ggeo.x_offset -> place another glyph.

David Feuer