Re: collision of rehearsal marks, y-parent

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: collision of rehearsal marks, y-parent
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:46:41 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
While working on a big score together with proper parts extraction I
find that vertical positioning of rehearsal marks needs manual
adjustments most often.

Is it possible to add a collision resolver for rehearsal marks?  The

preventing what kind of collisions?

`padding' option doesn't work well since it is important that
rehearsal marks are as near as possible to the staff lines.

BTW, how can I find out in lilypond-internals.info the `parent' of a
grob?  For example, this is for RehearsalMark objects:

But what is the `Y-parent'?  It would be great if this information
could be added there.

it depends. In case of teh rehearsal mark, I guess it will be the System grob.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com