Re: Setting page size from the command line

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Setting page size from the command line
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:45:46 +1000

Cameron Horsburgh wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm in the process of writing up some of the previously undocumented
> features in the NEWS files. I'm having a bit of trouble with this comment:
>
> **********
> The default paper size may now be set from the command line using
> -dpaper-size.
> **********

Hmm. I've nailed down the syntax, but the -d flag seems to be able to
take a whole range of parameters, and I'm not sure if we really need to
list this as a specific instance. I'm presuming that all Scheme
variables available to Lilypond can be set through this mechanism. If
so, I wonder if it would be simpler to point to the appropriate
definition files?

Something like--
*************************************
-d,--define-default=var=val
.
[Existing documentation]
.
Variables that can be set through this flag are listed in...the
definition files in lilypond/current/scm/

I don't know enough about the contents of the scm directory.

1. Is this a good way to document this flag? Am I right in suggesting
that all Scheme variables can be set this way?
2. Do I need to tighten the definition up more to include specific files?

Cameron