Re: Setting page size from the command line

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Setting page size from the command line
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 01:06:43 -0700

On 11-Apr-06, at 12:45 AM, Cameron Horsburgh wrote:

Hmm. I've nailed down the syntax, but the -d flag seems to be able to
take a whole range of parameters, and I'm not sure if we really need to
list this as a specific instance.

I already considered this.  :)

I think it's worth it. We already have -dpoint-and-click as an example in 5.whatever; I've added -dpapersize=??? as an example. All I need is to know what to stick in there; I've got that now.
(if lily behavior changes, obviously we'll change the docs again)

 I'm presuming that all Scheme
variables available to Lilypond can be set through this mechanism.

Try
lilypond -dhelp

if that isn't listed in 5.whatever, we should add it.  I'll check this.

 If
so, I wonder if it would be simpler to point to the appropriate
definition files?

There aren't that many options. This is a fairly advanced thing; I think that if we mention two examples and -dhelp, users who should be using this will be able to figure it out.

Thanks, you can cross this item off of the list.  :)