Re: Why is %%PageMedia: a4 hardcoded?

From: John Hawkinson
Subject: Re: Why is %%PageMedia: a4 hardcoded?
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:34:22 -0400

I <address@hidden> wrote (quite a few hours ago...) on Sun, 16 Apr 2006
at 10:55:43 -0400 in <address@hidden>:

> p.s.: In moving from LilyPond 2.6.3 to 2.9.2, I find that spooling
> postscript crashes my HP LaserJet 8150DN.  Haven't finished
> figuring out why yet... I'll get there...

It appears that this broke between 2.7.36 and 2.7.38,
and it seems to be a result of the massive font changes
that happened therein (apparently moving to embedding
opentype fonts instead of Type 1 fonts?).

I can't seem to find a discussion of the rationale for all of this on
lilypond-{user,devel} or bug-lilypond. Am I just missing it, or could
someone point me to the discussion?

Perhaps it has something to do with my print spooling environment, but
it seems like the non-eight-bit-clean nature of the generated
PostScript is likely to be my problem...

Thanks for any pointers...

--jhawk