Best way to format nested lists

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Best way to format nested lists
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:06:51 +1000

Hi folks,

I'm trying to document the recently added feature whereby System Staff
Delimiters may be nested to an arbitrary depth. I've figured out how the
feature works, but I'm trying to work out the best way to format the code.

For example the example given puts the relevant line in one long line:

\set StaffGroup.systemStartDelimiterHierarchy
        = #'(SystemStartSquare (SystemStartBracket a (SystemStartSquare b)) d)

Even small examples will wrap, making the whole thing messy and
difficult to understand. I presume this is a Scheme like construction --
how do deeply nested lists get formatted there?

Cameron