Re: "\lyrics" deprecated?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: "\lyrics" deprecated?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:43:37 +0200

See the NEWS file for version 2.4:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/topdocs/out-www/NEWS.html
which explains \lyrics, \chords, \drums and \figures.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to document it as an official
feature, though. It might just cause confusion to describe
yet another syntax for something that's easy to do anyway.
On the other hand, \chords is used as some places in the
Tutorial and Cheat sheet. Also, \drums and \figures is
used in a few examples in the manual.

  /Mats

Eduardo Vieira wrote:

Hello! I'm in the process of rewriting some parts of the documentation about Vocal Music, and would like to get some clarifications on the topic: The command \lyrics seems to be still functional (as opposed to \notes, which no longer is) or accepted. I understand that it is old syntax, right? The latest documentations don't mention it. Is it worth mentioning that? Eduardo Vieira

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology