Spacing patch

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Spacing patch
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:39:55 +1100

This patch represents my changes to line spacing over several weeks so it's
fairly big. Most of it is intertwined, though, so I can't separate it much
except for some of the small changes in paper-score and system.

2006-04-20  Joe Neeman <address@hidden>

        * lily/simple-spacer.cc: Remove class Simple_spacer_wrapper.
        Replace it with functions get_line_forces and get_line_configuration.
        (class Simple_spacer): Make data private.
        Rewrite compression algorithm to be faster and simpler.

        * lily/simple-spacer-scheme.cc (ly_solve_rod_and_spring_problem):
        * lily/gourlay-breaking.cc (solve):
        * lily/constrained_breaking.cc (space_line):
        Change it to the new simple-spacer code.

        * lily/paper-score.cc (get_paper_systems):
        (Paper_score):
        (process):
        Delay breaking the systems until they are requested.
        (find_break_indices):
        Use vsize for indices.
        (calc_breaking):
        Move the "Calculating line breaks" message here.

        * lily/system.cc (pre_processing):
        Move the "Calculating line breaks" message away from here.
        (break_into_pieces):
        Allow multiple calls to this function in sequence (with touching-but-
        not-overlapping breakpoints).

        * lily/constrained-breaking.cc:
        Replace most of the get_XXXX functions with get_line_details.
        Only calculate the force for each line. Calculate configurations only
        for the lines we will actually use.
        Replace cols_ with lines_.