Re: espressivo direction

From: Arno Waschk
Subject: Re: espressivo direction
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:09:30 +0200

aehm, i guess i am the culprit for that espressivo thing.
IIRC, it was being hacked together similarly to those articulations one can add by "-." "--" "->" etc. instead of being similar to \cresc. This was the way i found that sign in the repertoire (and the way i needed it to use at that time), and thus i thought the direction should follow the same rules as a staccato dot or an accent. In the reperoire of course also exist note heads having (usually longer) paired hairpins, adjusted individually to reflect individual tone shaping. Those are usually placed below notes as are normal hairpins, and they are not yet really implemented in lilypond (except for those workarounds with silent second voices..), i think.

Hope that helps, Arno