Re: Fonts

From: David Feuer
Subject: Re: Fonts
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:08:10 -0400

On 4/25/06, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> This sounds very good.  Can you give more details (or pointers into
> the PS reference)?

First off, I got something wrong: CMaps (and CID-keyed fonts in
general) are a level 3 feature, not a level 2 one.  On to info:

Font and encoding handling is probably the most complicated part of
PostScript.  Relevant reference manual sections include:

5.10.1  Character Mapping
5.11.1  The Basics of CID-Keyed Fonts
5.11.4  CMap Dictionaries
5.11.5  FMapType 9 Composite Fonts

I can't claim to understand all (or even most) of it yet, but it
certainly looks powerful enough.

David Feuer