RE: Scripts Manual Sect. 6.6.1 (Articulations)

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: RE: Scripts Manual Sect. 6.6.1 (Articulations)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:49:56 +0100

imho, people WOULD want to alter the defaults for things like segno.

By default they attach to notes. I normally see them attached to
barlines (I can't remember them anywhere else, actually).

So no, just moving the info about them to the repeats section (which
imho is where they belong) is a bad move unless you point out that by
default they don't attach to barlines, and include the stuff about how
to do that.

Oh - I don't think fermata should be moved - your using that as the
example of something tied to a barline is "interesting" to me, as I
don't ever remember seeing one like that...

Another tweak you might like to document (I don't know how to do it, or
I'd suggest the wording ...) - two things I see with articulation is
that in most music I see they go *above* the *system*. I know you can
specify '^' to put a mark above, but how do you make that the default?
And I can't remember whether I was told this ages ago, but isn't there
something you can set to force all articulations to print above the
system?

Cheers,
Wol