Re: gub progress

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: gub progress
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:00:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006, Pedro Kröger wrote:

> Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > although you are free to call me an idiot.
>
> no need to do that :-)

;-)

> > - The repository format itself is fragile, just as cvs'. It is based on
> > patches, so if there is one single patch corrupt, you loose the history
> > from then on.
>
> hum, I haven't tought of that.

I actually had a fsck-up, because I accidentally issued a "rm -rf ." in
one of my private projects. I was not really fast enough with Ctrl-C,
but git could still access most of the revisions.

> > - git makes it _really_ easy to access older version without checking them
> > out. For example, I can get the differences in lily/music.cc between
> > version 1.3.108 and 2.9.7 with "git diff lilypond_1_3_108:lily/music.cc
> > lilypond_2_9_7:lily/music.cc".
>
> this is something that's a little bit annoing about darcs.
>
> Thanks for your email. I think I'll give git a try.

Please do. And if you run into problems, do not hesitate to ask me, or the
list. There are even some people on irc...

Ciao,
Dscho