Re: Doc updates from NEWS

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Doc updates from NEWS
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 20:16:13 -0700

On 9-Jun-06, at 3:29 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

new things is: you can put in a Scheme procedure now,

  \override Stem #'thickness = #(lambda (grob)
    (if (= UP (ly:grob-property grob 'direction))
        2.0
        5.0))

Cool!

You can also combine rules like that with "grob closure". Here is a setting from AccidentalSuggestion,

        (X-offset . ,(ly:make-simple-closure
                      `(,+
,(ly:make-simple-closure (list ly:self-alignment-interface::centered-on-x-parent)) ,(ly:make-simple-closure (list ly:self-alignment-interface::x-aligned-on-self)))))

it centers the grob on its X-parent, and on itself. Both results are added (the + operator). This is probably too advanced for the manual though.

I think it's worth a mention, but the new docs are really sketchy. I'll see if I can get other people to write some examples in a while.