paper size and global font size: simplify input

From: Graham Percival
Subject: paper size and global font size: simplify input
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 21:44:09 -0700

A few months ago, we discussed being able to set these items in the normal lilypond way, ie

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a4")
  paper-size = "a4"      % proposed new method
}

#(set-global-staff-size 14)
\paper {
  global-staff-size = #14     % proposed new method
}

I'm working on the new chapter on spacing and page stuff, and I was reminded of our current ugly method of setting these. Could somebody make this change?