Re: paper size and global font size: simplify input

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: paper size and global font size: simplify input
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:50:54 +0200

Graham Percival schreef:
A few months ago, we discussed being able to set these items in the normal lilypond way, ie

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a4")
  paper-size = "a4"      % proposed new method
}

#(set-global-staff-size 14)
\paper {
  global-staff-size = #14     % proposed new method
}

I'm working on the new chapter on spacing and page stuff, and I was reminded of our current ugly method of setting these. Could somebody make this change?

No, it's not that easy. See paper.scm (layout-set-staff-size) for an inside view of what is happening. We could do those actions in a postprocessing step, but then we could never support

 #(set-global-staff-size 14)
 \paper {
   blot-diameter = 0.5\pt
 }