Re: applyContext and music streams

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: applyContext and music streams
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:07:50 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:
On Monday 12 June 2006 16:33, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Erik Sandberg schreef:
BTW: My current progress is that all information now goes through the
stream. I propose that we add command-line flags
--[no-]isolated-iteration, which makes iteration and translation use
separate context trees. This would be slightly inefficient, but useful
for testing/debugging, so it could be defaulted to #t in development
versions and to #f in stable ones.
I don't understand the issue. What do we gain by either solution?

If we use separate context trees, it will be easier to spot when the stream interface is used improperly (for example, improper use of applyContext will generate bad output).

OK, sounds good, initially for testing. I'm not sure if we'd want to have it switched on after it's working, but we don't have to decide that yet.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com