Re: Music stream patch

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Music stream patch
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:20:05 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:
Here's the latest version of my music stream megapatch.

News: - Events of types Prepare, OneTimeStep, CreateContext, AnnounceNewContext, RemoveContext, ChangeContext, SetProperty, RevertProperty, Override and Revert have been introduced.
- Time is now -inf before iteration starts.
- removed context.unique_, context.init_

If this one looks OK, I'll either send it to Graham for make web testing, or I'll commit it to an attic repository if someone can set up gub to work with it.

Hi,

patch looks good. One minor issue:

+
+  assert (infant_event_);
+  SCM infant_scm = infant_event_->get_property ("context");
+  Context *infant = unsmob_context (infant_scm);

this looks a bit odd. Isn't there a way to have

  send_stream_event()

return a value, which could be infant_event_ or the infant context itself?

Just recalled: if you're having trouble with GS, you could also hackup some of the makefile to skip the .pdfps -> .pdf step; I'm also satisfied if the HTML generation works fine, given that the GS problem is a (font) configuration problem on your side.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com