Re: Music stream patch

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Music stream patch
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:34:21 +0200

On Thursday 22 June 2006 00:12, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:37:23 +0200
>
> Since I didn't check "make web" without your patch, I can't say for
> certain whether it was your patch that did this.  But it _is_ weird
> that lilypond gave a warning about beams... does your new parser still
> recognize
> c16[
> c]
>
> or does it only recogize the beaming in
> c16[ c]

Something strange is happening in that code; I don't think it's my fault: If
you add another note, it crashes both with and without my patch, and the
graphical output when using only 8 notes is incorrect without my patch.

More concretely, the following works poorly without my patch and crashes with
my patch:
\featherDurations
  #(ly:make-moment 5 4)
  { c16 c c c c c c c }
.. while the following hangs in both cases:
\featherDurations
  #(ly:make-moment 5 4)
  { c16 c c c c c c c c }
.. and the following works fine in both cases:
\featherDurations
  #(ly:make-moment 5 4)
  { c16 c c c c c c }
\displayMusic reveals that very odd note durations are a probable cause of the
problems (in the cases where lily hangs, the durations of some notes are set
to 0).

I haven't yet been able to debug this further.

--
Erik