Using SPE for Python dev

From: Dewdman42
Subject: Using SPE for Python dev
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:15:35 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to use SPE as an IDE to work on musicxml2ly.  When I run the py
script, I get the following error:

  Reading MusicXML from 8.xml ...
  Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
  Script terminated.

In order to use this IDE I have installed Python 2.4.2 (to match the version
that ships with lilypond, and I also had to install wxPython in order to use
the GUI.  Admittedly, I'm a bit of an ignoramus about Python at this point,
but I'm guessing this must be related to certain python modules being
"compiled" a certain way and somehow not runnable with the general 2.4.2
Python installed on my computer, as opposed to whatever is in the lilypond
bin dir.  Any suggestions?

thanks