Guitar lute tuning ...

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: Guitar lute tuning ...
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:52:14 +0100

Just been reading the manual :-) and saw the section on guitar tuning
etc (7.5.3 Non-guitar tablatures). So I looked at scm\output-lib.scm and
I can't see lute tuning there.

I've got a moderate amount of lute music arranged for classical guitar,
and you need to retune the guitar to EADFsBE.

(define-public guitar-tuning '(4 -1 -5 -10 -15 -20))
(define-public guitar-lute-tuning '(4 -1 -6 -10 -15 -20))

I hope I've got the change correct - but if I've successfully changed G
to Fs in 'guitar-lute-tuning', you might care to add that line. If it
goes in, it'll want documenting in the manual as being a modern guitar
tuned to Elizabethan six-string lute tuning.

Cheers,
Wol

* ************************************************************************ *

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain
private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must
not act on anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it,
disseminate it in any way, or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to
inform us of the transmission error or telephone ECA International immediately
and delete the e-mail from your information system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 8272 5300,
Hong Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582
2333.