Re: partcombine not giving joy for hymns

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: partcombine not giving joy for hymns
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:12:39 +0200

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2006-06/msg00177.html
for a solution, that unfortunately doesn't work in version 2.8, only in the
"unstable" version 2.9.

Note that also the first lines of that reply are relevant to you.

  /Mats

Ted Walther wrote:
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 05:40:26PM -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
Ted Walther wrote:
In the piano score, the parts are often mingled and confused, by
lilypond standards.  By which I mean, whenever possible, the parts
sharing a stave, also share the same stem.

Please see D.4.2 in the 2.9 docs. This template does exactly what you want.

I've been playing around with it like a duck with water, but one
question remains.

How do I get the lyrics attached to a particular voice after \partcombine has
gotten done with it?  I want the lyrics to show up between staves.

I see from this post (January 11, 2005) that another fellow, more
technically competent than me, ran into the same problem.  At the time,
Han-Wen said the problem was intractable.

Has it been fixed since then?  Do I have to regretfully abandon use of
partcombine?

Ted

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing