Re: polyphony voices sharing stems? (hymnody feature)

From: Ted Walther
Subject: Re: polyphony voices sharing stems? (hymnody feature)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:04:56 -0700

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 06:22:54PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
Ted Walther <address@hidden> writes:

Most hymns are sung in four part harmony.  Or three part.  However, they
are entered as piano music. because they are almost always accompanied
by a piano because we moderns don't spend much time memorizing complex
melodies.

Actually, most hymns are entered as organ music written on two
staves.  The bass line is played on the pedals.

Thank you for that enlightenment.

s/piano/keyboard instrument with black and white keys/g

You always struck me as a High Church type of guy.  This is the fruit of
todays labors:

        http://reactor-core.org/~djw/Doxology.ogg

        http://reactor-core.org/~djw/Doxology.pdf

The PDF, alas, lacks lyrics because I don't know the current status of
support for combining lyrics with \partcombine

Ted

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Ted Walther
Address: 2459 E 41 Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2 (Canada)
Contact: 604-435-5787