Re: Chromatic staff

From: kevin
Subject: Re: Chromatic staff
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:43:34 -0700

Thanks for the response.  Changing the line-count sounds simple.
After you mentioned this, I found the relevant documentation already
open in browser, though previously invisible.

I'm still trying to get a handle on the Lilypond documentation for
more abstract areas.

The idea of modifying the pitch make me a little uncomfortable, but it
might work as a first attempt.  Would transposing still work?  I
suppose that I'll find out.

I would prefer to find the code which decides where to place a note
vertically based upon its pitch.

ly:pitch-semitones looks useful and Pitch::semitone_pitch look
useful.  Score or music classes may be useful as well.  Perhaps
Score_engraver is useful.  That seems to have something to do with X
and Y.