Re: copyright symbol?

From: Ian Stirling
Subject: Re: copyright symbol?
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 15:15:44 -0500

On Friday 01 December 2006 13:56, you wrote:

> Last time I checked, UTF-8 was text. Seriously, if you think that ASCII is
> adequate for text, then you are one of those poor souls never having met
> anything but English literature. Heck, you cannot even encode the _name_
> of the composer of the fireworks suite!

  Thanks. I've switched to a utf-8 capable version
of 'vim'.   It displays the copyright symbol correctly
and with the '-b' switch shows it as <a9>.

I get the following messages with 2.11.0 when I run lilypond
on the latest updated kubuntu - and the resulting pdf doesn't
contain the copyright symbol.

address@hidden:~/music/lilypond$ lilypond nuthatch.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.11.0
Processing `nuthatch.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [8][16][24][30]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
programming error: FT_Get_Glyph_Name returns error
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Glyph has no name, but font supports glyph naming.
Skipping glyph U+FFFFFFFF, file
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf//CenturySchL-Roma.otf
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: FT_Get_Glyph_Name returns error
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Glyph has no name, but font supports glyph naming.
Skipping glyph U+1000000A, file
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf//CenturySchL-Roma.otf
continuing, cross fingers
Layout output to `nuthatch.ps'...
Converting to `nuthatch.pdf'...

Ian