Re: Documentation translation: first patch

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Documentation translation: first patch
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:32:49 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen escreveu:
>> 3) roll a single docball like today, and add into the docball a Python
>> script that the end user could run to tweak the links according to his
>> language preferences. It shouldn't be too difficult, as Python is
>> shipped within GUB.
>>
>> I'd vote for 3)
>
> Me too.  The script should be in lilypond however.  What about simply
> replacing any UNTRANSLATED NODE message page with a copy or symlink to
> the original page?

I reverted the downloads to lilypond.org over the weekend due to
server problems. These are the results:

  grep '\.documentation\.' lilypond-access.log.1
     |egrep -iv '(inktomi|googlebot)' | wc

->

  78

doc downloads

  grep 'binaries/' lilypond-access.log.1
    |grep -v '\.documentation\.'|egrep -iv '(inktomi|googlebot)' | wc

->

  4616

Writing a python script, distributing it, hoping that users understand how to
operate it, and will actually do so, is a highly overengineered solution IMO.

At least, we should postpone it until we have the rest of the
translation stuff working and available on lilypond.org.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com