Re: Fwd: doc addition re. font sizes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Fwd: doc addition re. font sizes
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:56:07 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
Eyolf Ostrem wrote:

Note that if you also change the default font family for the entire document,
as described in 8.1.7 Font selection, some extra steps are needed.

Could you check the current manual about this tidbit? I confess that I don't understand the font stuff, and since there's some uncertainty over how recent these suggestions are, I'd like some extra confirmation that this is good info to add.

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-12/msg00351.html
for example.

(There also seemed to be a typo in the last line of the pango tree - it has
 (/ myStaffSize 20); I assume it should be \myStaffSize)

Interesting; I simply assumed that it was a mathematical construct -- myStaffSize divided by 20.

Graham is completely right.

However, what really is missing is an explanation of what the parameters to
make-pango-font-tree really mean. I guess we all have just started from an
example and tried to play around with it to try to figure it out.

  /Mats