Re: volta questions

From: J.P. Mellor
Subject: Re: volta questions
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:42:46 -0500

Here's a patch which implements the volta bracket behavior I proposed
as a user settable option.  The default behavior remains unchanged.
The alternate behavior can be turned on by voltaBracketFinish to true.

Two regression tests are also attached.  One tests the default
behavior and the other the modified behavior.

I added voltaBracketFinish as a context property and
finish-volta-bracket as a grob property.  Perhaps an existing grob
property could be reused, but I didn't see an obvious one.

jp

P.S. There's a bug in the existing volta bracket handling.  The the
second alternative of the second repeat section in
repeat-volta-default.ly should not have the vertical bar on the
right.  This is caused by the check in modify_edge_height which tests
the (last) bar for one of the double bars.  This check should succeed
only if the bracket ends at the bar.  I'm not sure yet how to fix this.