Re: charge of lilypond

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: charge of lilypond
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:50:41 +0100

El sáb, 24 de feb de 2007, a las 10:27:51 +0100, laurent-ducos dijo:
> We noticed by using lilypond that the invocation of lilypond is so
> greedy in resource processor. They is a little tedious for the use of
> lilypond in cgi at the time of connection multiples. Does Y have to you
> it a means of calling upon lilypond in a more sparing mode? Is the speed
> of execution of lilypond it a criterion of development? Thank you

I propose (at least in windows) to leave a part of the program
resident so that invocation are less painful. Office and OpenOffice do
this and Lily needs this as well, I think.

This would speed up the work very much.

Yesterday I launched two instances of LilyPond-windows and each one
with its own GS engine and so on, the system went completely
collapsed.

--
Francisco Vila Doncel. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org