Re: Support for diatonic accordeon tablature

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Support for diatonic accordeon tablature
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:53:25 +1100

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 09:47:16PM -0700, wim philipsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hacked together an engraver for diatonic accordion. Its based on the
> guitar tab engraver. It generates row/button and bellow direction info.
>
> Here is a link to the output generated for the example below:
>
> http://www.maak-t.com/nohant2.pdf
>
> Do you think there would be a wider interest? If so I can clean it up
> and bring it up to the latest version.
>
> Wim

This looks rather interesting. I have two suggestions regarding what
you could do with it.

First, you could submit it to the LilyPond Snippet Repository. There
is already at least one example of accordion notation there, although
that's qute different to what you've done. You can do this by going to
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/ and clicking on 'Contributing'.

Second, you could write a page for the official documentation. There's
a whole chapter (chapter 7) devoted to instrument specific issues. Go
to http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding and
follow the instructions.

Have fun!

Cameron Horsburgh